The new Zeiss 18mm wide angle is in stock!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Phillip Ino, Aug 15, 2008.

1. And at a bargain price as well :rolleyes:

2. Yep, recived mine a few days ago, wasnt home though... :-(
    Just got home from Gotland this afternoon and havent had any time to try it out yet. Looks nice and pretty though... lol

3. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Well at least they're consistent with their pricing :tongue:

4. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Looks a LOT like my old Nikkor 20/3.5UD - except the filter size is 10mm larger.

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Damn you, Paul! No wonder you never answered my PM:mad:. :tongue: Now, please be swift in your testing and posting of sample images! Interesting to see some wide shots by you.

6. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    It looks a lot like the Nikkor 18/3.5 AIS, which btw was a good performing lens with virtually zero distortion. This new Zeiss has to beat that.

7. Hi Francis, im sorry about that, all replies made from tuesday until now was done on my iphone, and where i was (nothern Gotland) there was very spotty 3G reception.

You will get a pm soon. :wink:

Hopefully ill get sometime tomorrow with it, have a roughly about 1k of photos to process from my trip aswell so ill see how much ill manage to get done.:biggrin:

8. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Actually, don't sweat it, Paul. I'm having to postpone that option since I opted to get a 85/1.4. Thanks, though!

9. johan1967

johan1967

Jun 30, 2008
    Netherlands
    I can hardly wait to see the first pictures made with this lens. I am looking for a wide-angle and this one could be a perfect match.

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    How's the AF on it? LOL.

11. johan1967

johan1967

Jun 30, 2008
    Netherlands
    You could better stop drinking now. :smile::biggrin:

12. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Let's see the images!

13. Seriously, show us the PICTURES!!! Cat photos OK!:biggrin: This is a very interesting/appealing lens to me.

14. Joins the line awaiting shots ... :)

15. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    if someone sends me this lens, i'd be willing to post some pics with it :)

16. lol you guys really are in a hurry! :biggrin:

Well i havent had time to go out with the lens as of yet, hopefully later today (if the weather allows it) or tomorrow.

Until then here are some quick snaps of the lens it self.:wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Initial impression is as to be expected when it comes to build and handling, rendering is also "typical" Zeiss.

Kindest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
  17. Oh yeah, that looks very cool and that's what counts ... so who cares about how it shoots now :rolleyes:

18. Sexy! all i can say

19. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    I am also joining this interest for pics - and I would be very happy to hear something about the flare/ghosting resistance.

I must say - the lens looks so good.