'The New Zeiss' For NEX & Fuji'

I'm really looking forward to these lenses, particularly the 12/2.8 lens. I've always wanted the Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 for my Nikon DSLRs, but I don't shoot wide too often and the bulk of the lens in combination with other lenses I carry was just too much. I think there is hope that we can get a very similar look and high degree of contrast and resolution across the frame of a NEX or Fuji with this lens, with well controlled abberations.

The 32/1.8 will be a tougher sell. It looks to be extremely high resolving wide open, is a bit wider than a 35mm, and it does have AF. But it's hard to justify for me as I already have a faster lens (CV 35/1.2) and a slower and more compact Zeiss lens (ZM 35/2.8). I do often wish I had AF at this focal length, and maybe there's hope I could track a slow-moving target with the NEX-6 on-chip PDAF.

These lenses are where the mirrorless rubber meets the road. Up until now my NEX has been a digital back for lenses designed for another system. Do I blow a lot of cash on lenses that will work ONLY on NEX? It seems that Sony will support it for the next few years at least, but one of the reasons I like my M-mount glass is that it can be used on many different cameras. We will see....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom