The next generation of photographers.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maestrodawg1, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Well, I have a young daughter of 4 years old. She's gotten used to me snapping pictures all over the place. But she wants to see the digital display after every picture screaming with glee, "Can I see it?" As only a four year old girl can do.

Well, we went on a local mini-trip and brought more than one camera. An older point and shoot film wide angle made by Nikon along with the D70. Boy she was really mad when she realized that she would have to wait for the prints to come back from the photo lab. And they called my generation the, "Instant gratification" generation. New people, new perspective. I'm happy she's interested though.

2. It is sort of funny when you think about it. We all used to wait for a week or more to see our prints. The young kids are so smart about everything technical. We do have more than one of these youngsters that not only take digital photo's but one that has her own website. She is just three years of age.

3. Andy, same here. My 7 years old daughter thinks I am stupid when I use my F6 as she cannot see the photos immediately.

4. Oooh, I hear you on this one. My daughter (age 6.5) has her own Kodak P&S digital camera. When we get back from any outing where we've shot pictures, she is quick to remind me that we need to download her photos so she can view her slide show on the computer....and then she waits about a minute before she reminds me again...and so it goes until I sit down with her to verify she's hooked everything up correctly.

She also likes to shoot with my D70, and I watch her wandering around our yard with her little hands wrapped around that big camera, muttering things like, "blew those darned highlights...," and every once-in-awhile she'll ask me if I've set the white balance correctly because her pictures look blue. It's pretty amazing how kids pick up and use this technology so easily!

I tend to talk to myself while I'm shooting, trying to make sure all my settings are right. She's picked up on the fact that I often forget to use my flash and reminds me of it often :lol:

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That is soo coincidental! I took Olivia (my girlfriend's 4yo daughter) shopping for a reward toy Saturday. I thoughtI'd let her pick it out at Kay-Be herself, so we strolled the isles. She picked a 'My Little Pony", cheap, pink plastic, 35mm, focus free camera! And she's been running around the house all weekend snapping pictures of the dogs, the furnature, her mom, her brother, me, averything! And I've been running back and forth to Walgreens to get the rolls 1 hour developed!

Of course not many turn out on each roll, but hey Andy! Looks like we've all got snappin' kids!

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Well, of course, my daugher's been shooting digital since she was a 1 yo... Her galleries are here:

http://www.pbase.com/ximina

Hey, Chris is in there too. She's not too spoilt though, she knows that not all cameras have that LCD screen, as her first camera didn't have the screen.

Chris, you should get your daughter a T7! :D

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Greg, you and Ximina are my inspiration in this. Olivia isn't my daughter, but I'm her babysitter, adult male role model and her mom's boy-toy. If anyone gets a T7, it's me.

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

She has some talent, must be in the genes.. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  9. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    You said she was you're "GF's" daughter (that makes her your daughter :D).

10. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks!

11. Sommer, that is so cool! What a hoot! :cool: