The Nightmare

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Here's one from a recent Christmas Party. The subject closed her eyes! I liked the image so I did a background with copies of the masked image, as smart objects, with polar co-ordinate and Nik multimedia filters and a gradient to soften the subject so there was less contrast with the background.

Any thoughts on this one?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very interesting and very different.
    I like your treatment and the mirroring of her in the background :>))

3. Wow...:Shocked: ...I'm not sure how you did all that but it certainly is interesting !! really like the background....

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah! It's very cool Virginia - but doesn't look all that nightmareish. Any context for the title?

5. Well, Chris, the color combo and extent of the distortion in the background gave me the idea for the title. When a subject has their eyes closed, doesn't it make you wonder what they are thinking or dreaming about? Part of art is telling a story and this what I tried to do in this case.

I'm glad I woke you guys up this afternoon! :smile: Thanks Gale and Mike too!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Well for sure the color clash is a nightmare. Interesting Virginia.