The Nikon D300 was announced six years ago

...tomorrow, Aug. 23rd:

ww.dpreview.com/news/2007/8/23/nikond300

And the two I had were in the very first batch to reach Seattle, seems like so long ago, in a universe far-far away .......

Ah, D300s, I knew you well.

Jim - I think that you mean 6 years ago for the D300. If I recall correctly, it was announced less than 18 months after I took delivery on my D200. I thought then that they were moving fast on new releases and I'd just skip a generation and just wait for the D400. Boy was I wrong. I finally gave up and bought a D800 in June a year ago. After 3 trips back to Nikon I got acceptable calibration on the autofocus and I like the camera a lot now.

Wow ... 3 years, I must have been in hibernation for that other 3 :biggrin:

Jim - I think that you mean 6 years ago for the D300. .

"Doing the Time Warp" ..

Let's see, 2013-2007, I like 3 better than 6, that means I'm not so old :biggrin: On the other hand, that means 3 additional years to retirement :frown: What a dilemma .....

:redface:

Us engineering professors can't do math...

...tomorrow, Aug. 23rd:

ww.dpreview.com/news/2007/8/23/nikond300

"Doing the Time Warp" ..

Let's see, 2013-2007, I like 3 better than 6, that means I'm not so old :biggrin: On the other hand, that means 3 additional years to retirement :frown: What a dilemma .....

:redface:

Us engineering professors can't do math...

Jim -

Of *course* Engineering professors can do math - the best of the bunch also provide "practice exams" just to check on their classrooms' attention spans. :smile:

My D300 impresses me with its frame rate, image quality, reach, buffer, file sizes, etc.

My best to you and Beth.

Your pal,

Eric

Real Name
Colin Carter
And the amazing thing is there is still nothing in the canon lineup that can touch it.

Apart from the slight lack in resolution and iso performance compared to modern cameras, it's still an amazing camera cable,of getting most jobs done without problems.

I was sure Nikon was either going to introduce a D400 or a D7200 update this month. But as of tomorrow the month is gone, and ...nada... I'll wait out September still, but after that, who knows.

I'm still using mine and have no reason to stop using it even though I got a used D700 last winter. A good pair of cameras, each with its strengths.

Had mine for almost 4 yrs - i don't get to play that often so it has many years to go.
If it built like my old Em and FE2 - it will be going in 30 years (as long as batteries are available!)

Wow! hard to believe it has been 6 years, I ordered when it first announced...I still have it and shot it often. I borrowed and shot with my friend's D700 and D800, both are very nice cameras...but I think I will wait for the next one.

I really like the Df which reminds me so much of my 1st camera which is a FM. If the Df has 51AF and 1/8000 shutter, I would have order one.

Wonder if Nikon would quit making new entry level camera models each year they could bring out a D400?

Wonder if Nikon would quit making new entry level camera models each year they could bring out a D400?

On rumours online there saying a Canon 7D Mark II is coming out mid next year along with a Nikon equivalent, Hopefully there will be a D400 Iam sure lots of people would buy it!

Latest threads

Top Bottom