The office cat

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Philippe Roger, May 17, 2005.

1. This cat and his brother were indeed office cats, at a place where I worked a few years ago and when the office manager who was taking care of them left, they became a bit too much to handle (who ever heard of office cats, huh?), so we adopted them and they have been with us 3 years now. They have adjusted to their new life perfectly and are absolutely great cats now, living mostly indoors, but they also go out every day! 8) :lol:

Taken on a lazzy Sunday morning, in relatively dim natural (window) light, at f/2.8, ISO 400, shutter between 1/20 for the last one and 1/45. Shot in raw and post-processed with Rawmagick Lite

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Excellent images Philippe. This is a beautiful cat and I'm sure, a good pet.

3. Good shots, Philippe. My real estate office used to have an office cat too! You should have seen the time a bunch of agents dug deep into their pockets when 'our' cat got run over when someone left the front door open. Agents will grumble about spending money unless its for advertising, but this cat was into very expensive surgery immediately due to the generous nature of all in the office *LOL*

This guy looks VERY inquisitive! Love the look on his face in the last shot! *LOL* Cheers, Sandi

4. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Phillipe,
    I'm a dog lover but sure like your cat... and the cat in the third picture smells a sale.....

He reminds me of the car salesmen who hover around the front entrance of the place where I recently bought my car...

Enjoyed your cats!

Best to you,
    Gaye

5. Phillipe,

These are very nicely done!! :D :D :D :D

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Great, I luv cats. this looks a bit like an absynian. They are Really loving cats with great personallity. Yup, the third ones my favorite.

7. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Phillipe -- Well done! Like Gaye, I'm a dog lover, but have grown to like cats since my daughter has 2 of them. Makes for an interesting time when she brings the cats to visit our 3 dogs! I also like the 3rd shot.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent images Philippe. As you have seen, I'm a real cat lover, and this guy looks like he's a lot of fun to be around. 8)

9. Thank you very much folks!

Pinky (yes, that's his name, on the account of the pink paws and all... :)) is a very cute cat and a great pet. Greg is right, he is an Abbyssinan, of the "Red" kind. Abbys also come in "Ruddy", with a black overcoat (like Pinky's litter brother Spike), and in "Blue". They are very interesting animals and totally different than your ordinary cat, which is why they had been acquired as office cats in the first place (not that I recommend or condomne that practice).

Now Gaye, I am not sure what you meant with the reference to the cat in the third pic "smelling a sale". Do you think the picture is sellable? :p:lol: Or, did you think that the cat is still in an office greating a customer, ready to make a sale? I can assure you that it's not the latter: this was taken in the office in our house, on Sunday morning, in my "jamies"... so no business conducted there!! :)

Pinky is always looking for something, food in particular, and he must have heard a noise or seen another cat run by (we have 4 in all, in addition to the dog), hence the inquisitive look.

10. Between Belle and the cats, you'll never run short of captivating subjects, Philippe.
    This is a delightful set of portraits. #3 is my favorite.

Great work, my friend!

11. Nice images of a nice looking cat.

That is the best way to have them come into your life.

Our three were all local strays. Two are apparent brothers that just kept coming back for food, ending up ours.

I found the third living under our deck, eating what spare dog food he could steal. He had to be only four or five months old. He was almost too wild, but I kept at him and he is now a happy, nine year old 18 pound cat.

Our only go out rarely, and then we have two trained to never leave the yard. The one that does never stays away for more than 20 minutes. The wife runs a tight ship kitty wise. :)

12. Wow! Brilliant cat pics. Somehow they seem to be used to posing in front of a camera :D
    regards