1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The "Old Days" of WSB and 500cc GP

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by MikeMcA², Sep 15, 2008.

1. Just trying to figure out my Epson scanner, and ran across some old slides from back in the day. Before I could afford decent equipment and when I used to ride to and from the races.

The man..Carl Fogarty

373267173_3oYgH-L.

Aaron Slight

373266885_iG5sp-L.

Crash or win...Kevin Schwantz

170552927_CKtwS-L.

The bad boy, John Kocinski

373277607_RYJSb-L.

One time 500cc champ, Eddie Lawson

373277590_Bi5Cj-L.

And my favorite...Eddie Lawson with then champ Wayne Rainey, just months before Wayne crashed and was paralyzed.

373277346_HMPB2-L.

Hope you road racing guys get a kick out of the trip down memory lane lol.

2. You've got some classics there . . . :cool: :cool: 

3. Hotness!

I'm a big fan of 500CC 2-strokes! I'm a former CR500R rider and plan to buy a new Service Honda custom built CR 500AF soon! :D 

4. These take me back!! Fantastic!, How about starting a thread (sticky) for "scanned",(P&P'd) film shots to show these digi (no frame Limit!!) Togs what we had to get from a 35mm spool in about 20 mins in some cases (footy)??
    ps most of mine would be B&W!!,(that's what the papers used back then) LOL. Kind regards Graham.

5. Thanks Jason. Thought you might enjoy them.

Nothing like the sound of a 500cc 4 cyl 2-stroke.

Everytime I shoot an event today I have to almost just kick myself for cheating LOL. I'll shoot 1200 images at a 2-day event. That would have been 33 rolls of film. :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.