The Old Home Place

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bubba, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    This is a shot my son took of the home my dad grew up in. It's located in extreme rural Lawrence County, AL.
    [​IMG]

Taken with a Nikon Coolpix 5400
    Program Mode 1/60

2. Brandon,

You have one photographically talented boy there!! Good looking shot!! :) :) :) :) :)

3. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks! He loves to get out and shoot a few shots with me. As long as I help him keep the camera steady, he always finds better shots than I do :D

4. Hey Bubba, tell your son for me that he has a good eye for composition. That image will make a good keeper for posterity purposes. Well done.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very well done. Great keepsake.

Now wouldn't it be great to own that property and renovate it. Would take years and a love and devotion to that kind of thing though.

thanks for sharing.

6. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks, Gale & Gordon. I've got a few more of my son's pics that are quite different in composition.

Gale, I agree. The bad thing is, that place was bad when my grandmother lived there. It would take a Gates or Buffett to fix it up and not go broke. My uncle still keeps his horses pastured there, though.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well I am sure glad you still use the property. Nice setting.

Great memories live there, I am sure.