The Old Man... And The Pigeon...

Discussion in 'People' started by Graeme, May 16, 2007.

1. Excellent... as usual.

You and Fishsauce both should do books.

2. Thanks Woody.............. I too like Ben's work..............

G

3. Mike... no offence taken my friend.

It's good that you feel you can be honest....... that's all I want really.
    I appreciate what you are saying and will take your comments on board.

However........... I like this style of B/W............ I've never purported to be a fine artist........... and I have an arts degree........... just a photographer of sorts.

I am not naive enough to think that every shot/image that I post is going to be received well. The Cafe for me is learning environment, and to receive comments such as yours is, to be honest, very useful............ as it does kick you up the butt, so to speak!

Thanks for shouting up............. I appreciate it. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

G

4. I like them Graeme. Very nice.

5. Scotty_R

Scotty_R

Jan 1, 2006
    Virginia
    Mike's comments, which were apparently removed after Graeme responded, interest me. The word "litter" in the second shot is exactly what drew me into the image and held me there. I live and work in Richmond, VA, not the biggest city in the world by far, but large enough that I pass by many old men sitting on benches feeding pigeons and sea gulls during the day. Oddly, none of these men seem to talk to each other, nothing about their behavior indicates that they interact in any meaningful way with the world around them. Litter. Plenty of "edge" for me. It's interesting how two people can see the same image so differently. Nice job, Graeme.

6. Thanks Alex! :smile:

Thanks Scotty............ interesting it is! :biggrin:

G

7. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Good insight Connie. I guess this image is successful if it can cause people to think and consider it.

Connie, I deleted the post after thinking it was too harsh. Looks like Graeme caught it beforte I deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2007