The Old Man... And The Pigeon...

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!

153368914-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

153368874-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

the first one's ok. I'm beginning to wonder what draws raves here. All I see is the word 'litter' in #2. The murky, plugged-up image that plays so well here is starting to wear thin on me. It needs way more EDGE within a context to excell.

But then I view everything here as attempted fine art. My bad, I know. Maybe this was just intended to be a nice grab shot. I like your work Graeme but would like you and others to go further, be more discerning in what you edit and post....

Maybe I shopuld just go to bed. Its been a long and trying day. Please forgive me if I offended you.

Mike... no offence taken my friend.

It's good that you feel you can be honest....... that's all I want really.
I appreciate what you are saying and will take your comments on board.

However........... I like this style of B/W............ I've never purported to be a fine artist........... and I have an arts degree........... just a photographer of sorts.

I am not naive enough to think that every shot/image that I post is going to be received well. The Cafe for me is learning environment, and to receive comments such as yours is, to be honest, very useful............ as it does kick you up the butt, so to speak!

Thanks for shouting up............. I appreciate it. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

G

Mike's comments, which were apparently removed after Graeme responded, interest me. The word "litter" in the second shot is exactly what drew me into the image and held me there. I live and work in Richmond, VA, not the biggest city in the world by far, but large enough that I pass by many old men sitting on benches feeding pigeons and sea gulls during the day. Oddly, none of these men seem to talk to each other, nothing about their behavior indicates that they interact in any meaningful way with the world around them. Litter. Plenty of "edge" for me. It's interesting how two people can see the same image so differently. Nice job, Graeme.

I like them Graeme. Very nice.

Thanks Alex! :smile:

Mike's comments, which were apparently removed after Graeme responded, interest me. The word "litter" in the second shot is exactly what drew me into the image and held me there. I live and work in Richmond, VA, not the biggest city in the world by far, but large enough that I pass by many old men sitting on benches feeding pigeons and sea gulls during the day. Oddly, none of these men seem to talk to each other, nothing about their behavior indicates that they interact in any meaningful way with the world around them. Litter. Plenty of "edge" for me. It's interesting how two people can see the same image so differently. Nice job, Graeme.

Thanks Scotty............ interesting it is! :biggrin:

G

B

BigPixel

Good insight Connie. I guess this image is successful if it can cause people to think and consider it.

Connie, I deleted the post after thinking it was too harsh. Looks like Graeme caught it beforte I deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom