The old Shomburg House

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Steve S, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    This house is located right across the street from where my dad's mom used to live. There was a pharmacy, (Shomburg Drugs), attached to it just past the pines on the right, where my dad was a "soda jerk" in the late 30's. I used to get an ice cream cone from that place whenever I went to grandma's. Still a fascinating home to this day. Did a digital velvia treatment on it, and cleaned up some wired and a telephone pole in the bg on the left. Shot with D2X/17-55DX 45 mins before sunset.
    original.
    Focal Length 44 mm
    Exposure Time 1/250 sec
    Aperture f/4
    ISO Equivalent 100
    Metering Mode matrix

2. That is a fine looking house and probably fun to live in. Well done image Stave.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey, thanks for looking, Gordon (pic)

Here's another image I took at the same time when the sky was bluer, but this time I didn't fiddle with it nearly as much in PS, particularly all that Velvia treatment. Someone commented that the sky looked Cyan in the 1st one. This one is a much truer blue. PS, I called the owner of this, now beauty shop, and as it turns out, one of her coworkers is the neice of one of the original Shomburg sons. Small world, isn't it?
    original.

4. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Re: Hey, thanks for looking, Gordon (pic)

Steve, this looks much better. well done. :D

regards
    Craig H. :D