The One

Discussion in 'People' started by [email protected], Sep 29, 2008.

1. I'm still very new to the world of photography. This picture, which was taked this month, is the first one that made me say, "Yup, this is worth it." The reason im putting it here is to showcase i geuss how far ive come and for the wonderful people here to make some suggestions on what could be done better. This one is of my cousin's daughter who just turned 1.

D300 + 80-200 Af-d
    1/250th, iso 250 (auto), f5, atuo WB
    DSC_0659DONE.jpg

2. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nice composition. It's great that you are having fun with the camera. Definitely worth it!

3. Very cute! Nice color and composition, too. It's definitely worth it!

4. Thanks for your comments guys. Can anyone make a suggestion on how to improve this shot for next time?

5. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Blake This is a really cute shot. I'm not sure where you focus point was but I would try to nail it on the bridge of the nose to make sure that the full face is in focus. With a Little post processing I came up with this. I can remove it if you like.

Original
    p195912049-4.png

Post processed version
    [​IMG]

here I did the following
    1) levels adjustment
    2) cleaned up skin around chin
    3) a slightly modified version of Sonya's eye pop
    4) Sharpned using smart sharpen.

6. No, its fine i appreciate you doing that for me. Looks like my next chore is to practice PP as much as the actual photography. Im gonna play around with this one some more using some of your improvements. You mention "sonya's eye pop" what is this?

Cheers,

7. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017