The only "flowers" growing around here these days:

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Steve S, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Are these dead giant Pompus Grass heads :oops: Ahh, it was something to do, as it's snowing again :(
    Model NIKON D2X/60 Micro
    Software Adobe Photoshop CS
    Datetime 2005-03-12 11:51:24
    Artist SRS PHOTO
    Exif version V2.2
    Shoot datetime 2005-03-12 09:54:51
    Image size 916 x 665
    Exposure time 1/160s
    F-Number F 6.3
    Exposure program Aperture priority
    ISO speed ratings ISO 400
    Exposure bias value EV 0
    Max. aperture value F 3.2
    Metering mode Center weighted
    Flash Off
    Focal length 60 mm
    White balance Unknow

2. Nice, very nice shot , Steven. The stems spread out like a fan used to refresh a maharadjah. Nicely composed, sharp and well exposed too.

3. Interesting shot Steve. I like the use of the black background......it compliments the great shot. Nice detail!! :D :D :D :D :D

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks guys, glad nobody noticed I used green velvet

for the bg. Some of it came out black, but some of it was dark green, and it had intentional folds in it too that I didn't like. Sooo, some magic wanding coupled with both broad and up close painting, made it all go black. Funny, but that stem isn't even from THIS yr, it's from last yr, and it was laying across my fireplace tool bracket all this time. Probably got pretty dusty. I wish someone could show me how to do that thin colored pencil line around and near the edge of the pic like I see so many times. I think I'd prefer that to the actual web frame i used.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really Nice Steve.

Cheeers
    Gale

6. I love the magic wand......use it all the time!!! :D :D :D :D