1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Oriental Lily and Easter Tulips bloom

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Harry Lavo, Apr 27, 2011.

1. On Easter Sunday I posted photos of tulips and an Oriental Lily, They began to open two days later and I caught these shots. Then I put them together in a composite for yet another shot.

#1 - Easter Tulips up-close and personal
    Nikon D300 ,Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD Asp IF, 1/30s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso500
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 - Oriental Lily reveals itself
    Nikon D300 ,Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D AF, 1/6s f/8.0 at 50.0mm iso200
    original.jpg

#3 - Two are better than one
    Nikon D300 ,Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD Asp IF, 1/15s f/8.0 at 34.0mm iso200. Shot using monopod at f/8.
    original.jpg

Five separate arrangements from two plants....a good excercise.....or at least one I enjoyed.

Your comments and critique are welcome as always.

2. Beautiful. That Tamron really delivers doesn't it.

3. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Very nice Harry love the work especially #1

4. cybercops

cybercops

Apr 29, 2010
    CA
    The flowers, esp the tulips, look great !!

5. Beautiful shots, Harry! #1 is my fav!

6. It sure does, Tom.

Thanks, Tony. I'm getting fonder each time I try it...at shoting flowere using a wide angle lens, close-up. It gives an interesting perspective that is not so common.

They are very healthy, Kelvin. They are being transplanted into my garden this weekend.

Thanks, Dossy. I like it as well...though the wide-anle approach worked well on thses.

Thanks to each of you for looking and commenting.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  7. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Great images Harry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.