The Osprey-Eagle Wars begin!

The Bald Eagle decided it wanted a fish being carried back to the Osprey nest. . . .this battle went on for about 2 minutes. . . the eagle REALLY wanted this fish. .. . .I would have assumed that the smaller Osprey could out maneuver the larger eagle. . . this eagle however was right on the Osprey's 6.

77273545.bfKaWOKk.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

77273549.Vc3qElZu.jpg

77273553.CSXNeTYp.jpg

77273555.ag4MVBQm.jpg

This eagle had obviously been to Top Gun School:

A "Stall"

77273543.uQ4kKKeh.jpg

A "Stage Right Turn" at 7 G's

77273540.EJIYoRPU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Your" Location1 BTW your Canadian Geese are sitting on eggs on the piling next to the Osprey nest.

Watched her "roll" an egg yesterday as a matter of fact! Didn't see the Eagle, but heard one calling, see my Nest Building thread.....:wink:

Looks like all the nests in the "usual" places are occupied again, which is Really Good News.

Awesome awesome images.
WELL DONE wowowow

Well I guess that Eagle knows he needs to go get his own fish:>)))

Just a Great action Series, my hats off to you for following that action.

You are "GOOD" man.

Thanks. . . I almost didn't get any of it. . . . the battle started right over the top of my head . . . from a tripod that is just not possible. . . and then just before the end of the battle my card filled up!!!!

Jerry, some great action shots you've captured here. Nicely done. Hopefully this pair of Ospreys will provide us with lots of enjoyment over the next few months.

Louie

Thanks Louis.. .it was great to get out and shoot believe me. . . since early February I have been going through some medical issues and not able to do much. . .. . I just decided the hell with it. . .if they find me dead beside my camera at such a beautiful location, there are worse ways to go. :)

Awesome awesome images.
WELL DONE wowowow

Well I guess that Eagle knows he needs to go get his own fish:>)))

Thanks Gale. . ..unfortunately I was trying to change a card at the end of the battle. . . and missed the Osprey and Eagle locking talons and doing a couple spins. . not sure what happened to the little fish.. . . one thing if for certain. . .they both used up more energy then either would get from that little fish!

Nice images.

Two summers ago on the Oregon Coast, saw something similar about 20' off the ground. In that instance the Osprey got away....but I still remember the thrill of seeing it:)

Nice images.

Two summers ago on the Oregon Coast, saw something similar about 20' off the ground. In that instance the Osprey got away....but I still remember the thrill of seeing it:)

Yes, I've seen the scene before but never when my camera was setup. . .and/or the light was descent. .. and I could get into a position to be able to photograph from a tripod.. . .conclusion? it's all about luck.

Latest threads

Top Bottom