1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The other Prairie Gold

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by maraya, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Just a mile up the road from where I live the farmland begins again. Canola seems to be the crop of choice this year and this field is no exception.
    My second pano...all comments and critique welcome. :redface: especially how to make the sky "pop" a bit more.
    Cheers
    Barb

[​IMG]

2. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Hi Barb
    As I've said before, I'm a sucker for canola fields:smile:. With this image, the first thing I'd do is straighten the horizon -- about 1.2 degrees. I'd also prefer that the near field be sharper. The sky could be brightened a little, but hue and saturation look about right to me.

3. Thanks Bob..I stopped to take the pictures and several more people stopped too at the same place...one of the fellows was the son of the farmer that owned the field he invited me back to take some more photos closer in. That is where I took the close-up pictures of the canola from a few weeks ago. As far as the horizon is concerned I am unsure what to do when I am taking part of a hill...it seems like I am cheating to up the horizon by a few degrees. As I look closer at the picture I can see that the focus appears to be out infront of me about 20-25feet in that darker patch...not too sure how I managed that or what to do :redface:
    Barb

4. pretty shot
    straightening the horizon is optional to MY eyes... for THIS image
    but....
    i'd lasso the sky...
    do some sharpening
    do some shadows and highlights
    increase the color saturation
    increase the contrast a bit

that will work wonders

i love this image, however

5. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Oops :redface:, I didn't recognize the slope as a hill. The full size image probably looks different from the small version shown here -- sometimes hard to fully appreciate miniaturized panos:smile:. However, the near field flowers could be selectively sharpened.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.