The other side of South Beach

A back alley in South Miami Beach, FL

3662370313_66e2ef0243_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks a lot like hundreds of alleys in dozens of cities; one that partly forms the seedy underbelly of an otherwise glamorous facade that frequently lure the unsuspecting into an unguarded state awareness.

There is much of this in Los Angeles; often rife with the pungent smell of decades of urban sprawl deterioration and sweat from those that once occupied those virgin spaces now strewn with the decadence of prostituted walls.

Thanks for sharing.

Good shot....I think a comparison between "the front" and "the back" would be interesting. I do computer service for a living...it's interesting to me how some of the "fancy restaurants" get downright dismal and sometimes dirty when you get out of the customer-facing areas.

Looks a lot like hundreds of alleys in dozens of cities; one that partly forms the seedy underbelly of an otherwise glamorous facade that frequently lure the unsuspecting into an unguarded state awareness.

There is much of this in Los Angeles; often rife with the pungent smell of decades of urban sprawl deterioration and sweat from those that once occupied those virgin spaces now strewn with the decadence of prostituted walls.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, love the description.

Got to comment:
1. i've seen these alleys in SoBe and you depicted the scene well. Get one at night if you dare!
2. RP, love the Chandleresque description.......:smile:

Thanks

But does this belong in "Wanderlust"? I certainly don't lust to wander there!

Maybe "Photojournalism".

Really? If you're feeling adventurous, maybe try making it to the sky scraper at the end of the road. :biggrin:

Nice shot. I know the exact place. Might have even shot it some years ago, as I did a few of their alleys.

Thanks Alex

Good shot....I think a comparison between "the front" and "the back" would be interesting. I do computer service for a living...it's interesting to me how some of the "fancy restaurants" get downright dismal and sometimes dirty when you get out of the customer-facing areas.

That was pointed to me before as well. Thanks.. but here is one just for reference:

3662371481_2b5ccbdbda.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom