The Palo Alto Bayland Preserve...

... is our version of you guys' Paradise islands, out there in Florida :!: Ok, sort of... :roll: :lol: There is quite a bit of variety: herons, egrets, gulls, geese, ducks, hawk (which was way too far/high), and an assortment of smaller birds, which I don't know. Besides, the egrets are nesting right now.

Here are a few from Sunday, all with the D2H + 70-200VR + 1.7 TC + fill flash (SB-800) for some. The rest (and more to come) are here: http://proger.smugmug.com/gallery/549889

22920530-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

22841069-O.jpg

22841061-O.jpg

More egrets:
25052445-O.jpg

22917122-O.jpg

22841062-O.jpg

22924728-O.jpg

I am not too sure on how to remove the green cast on the next to last...

Excellent series Philippe. The first looks like a Yellow-Crowned Night Heron. All good shots, but I just love the Snowy's. The are just so photogenic. :wink:

Philippe, these are very nice but I have to say #3 is rather comical. There is the Mrs, posing and looking demure (even with her pigeon toes) while the husband is in the background taking care of business.

Nice series, Phillipe! With that lens combo, you must have been able to get close to the subjects. Like Kevin, I had to laugh at the 3rd shot.

J

jkamphof

A collection of some great captures, I like the 4th one a lot.

Joel.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Good stuff Phillipe.
You may be able to apply negative hue/saturation in PSCS if you have it for number 6, but really I am not sure it is needed.

Great series Phillipe, but where is the D2X?

I'm a little surprized you're not using the 2x, or is it in for servicing? I probably already asked you this, and you've probably already answered me :oops:

Hi folks,

Once again, thank you very much for your compliments! :) :lol: Yes, it was a great outting, perhaps my best day so far in terms of amount and quality of keepers. I like the duck couple for the same reason you did, and yes the egrets are my favorites overall.

As for Steve's comment, I am quite surprised too: I didn't know I have a D2X! :shock: :lol: Seriously, I just acquired this used D2H about a month ago and it looks like it's working pretty well so far... ;-) Prior to that, it was (and still is) the D70. I am afraid a D2X will have to remain a fantasy for now, and I wouldn't be looking towards the huge files that it produces either: the raw files from the D2H are really a joy to work with! :p

Latest threads

Top Bottom