The perfect shot...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScottR, Jun 6, 2005.

1. I remember it vividly. I was leaving work and as I reached my car there it was an Eagle souring just above the tree line. Just behind the Eagle was the moon hanging also above the trees. So I quickly reach into my camera bag and grab my D100 with the 80-400 VR a start shooting. It was great. I took a couple dozen shots so at least one should be good. I race home to download the images and start my processing. As I start downloading the images, I woke up... It was a dream :oops:

I guess it either means I spend too much or not enough time with my camera. I guess I will have to shoot more and find out. :twisted:

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I thought that you were going to say that your camera was without a media card or that the camera settings were way off or something like that. You must have spicy food for dinner or something?!?!?!?!

3. My version of this is sad, I was going on the usual weekend ride on the ferry between mainland Canada and Vancouver Island, through a passage called Active pass, where one often can see eagles. As we came into the mouth of the pass I saw about 15-20 Eagles in a tree at the closest point, so I took my D100 (at the time) witht he 80-400VR and was going to shoot and realized that i HAD left the memory card in the computer!

By the time I had the card back in the camera alli got was a Butt shot of soem eagles from the side!

morale of story: now I always have a spare card in the camera case!

4. Scott, it's one thing to sleep with your camera, but when you start having photography dreams, you're in biiiiiiiig trouble!! LOL I remember when I first started in real estate, I was selling in my dreams. Talk about waking up tired!!
    Andreas, this happens to everyone - ONCE!!! *LOL* I actually went to a photoshoot I was being hired for and realized that I'd left my card wallet at home - no film!!! Had to race back, gave the client some bullshit story about the lighting being off and needing a different type with some reflectors, etc etc etc. I also did an underwater photography shoot for a client using an Ikelite housing and those things are NOT easy to get the camera in and out of. Took card out, popped into laptop, reviewed all the pics, put camera back into housing and underwater I went for Session2, only to realize NO CARD!!!
    Moral? take hand, extend outwards, turn palm up, and soundly smack own forehead and vow not to do it again!! *LOL* Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

5. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi scott-

not quite the perfect shot, but i was taking photos at a parade when i saw a float heading my way with a very attactive (and ever so slightly clothed) participant on it. camera to the eye, click the shutter, no go, CF card full.

by the time i had replaced the card, the float had gone by and all i got was a view of her rear :( i need to do some f1 or nascar style practice to get my card swapping time down.

ricky

6. Ricky, now you WILL have to remember her only in your dreams!! LOL