1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The PERILS of WORK: What's the WORST thing that could happen to YOU today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spalding12, Jul 29, 2008.

1. whew......
    i don't think i can breathe

most folks know that i'm a pediatrician... and i LOVE what i do
    BUT....
    just now, in a room of a 13 month old...
    the smelliest poop i've ever experienced..... :eek: 
    and... i've been doing this for more than 20 years... :smile:
    ah.....
    i barely made it out of there alive... :tongue:

so...
    that brings up the subject of PERILS AT WORK

what bad things could YOU experience at work today?

2. Talk about poops ...
    Some 20 years ago I worked as a cab driver and had to drive a boxer dog somewhere in Vienna - yes, that's right, my customer was a dog :smile:
    Ever smelled a dog's poop? I almost fainted. I had to stop, turn on the warning lights and open all windows. After I called the dog a few names I continued and delivered the dog. Well, the owner presented me with a bottle of champaigne in addition to the taxi fare :smile:

Cheers

3. Forgot to mention - years later I had my revenge. I was sitting in a pub, a dog under my seat. I couldn't let this chance pass, so I pooped. The dog vanished aroung the corner, tail between his legs :biggrin:.
    No idea what I ate before that, but it did the desired effect.

Cheers

4. I get to meet our new (interim) dean today--talk about poop!! Actually he is an old and dear friend and was my advisor for my Ph.D. some 20 years ago. But he is one of those "if it ain't broke, fix it until it is" types--always with the solution to problems that don't exist!

But then it's the faculty beer "club" evening "Academics Anonymous" at 5.

5. oh.... i love this post of yours
    ah....
    see, this thread is going to be just fine
    wow.....
    the champagne was a nice touch, however

6. what?
    what did you say? :eek: ............. :biggrin::biggrin:

7. ah....
    let us know how that goes... :biggrin:

8. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    I could miss my 12pm deadline to submit market growth rates because I'm looking at Nikon Cafe.....

9. Ah, but Leah-the market will crash regardless!! :biggrin:

Linger a while, there will always be a tomorrow!

10. Leah....
    don't do that, please..... :smile:

11. ah.....
    let's not get into a discussion of my pension fund again.... :frown:

12. Or mine :eek: 

13. That's a funny story Greg! Other than being fired or assigned something else I don't have time to do, nothing that could happen here compares to the smelliest poop ever!

14. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I deal with on the average 3 ...umm...well Guano, a day, but thankfully, my oldest is doing well with the potty training.

Other than that, the volume of my oldest can split my sanity into pieces at times (and my head)

Feeding a 14 month old is a challenge, she likes to put it on the floor, the chair, her hair and her clothes.

I swear I will never get a sandbox again.

The laundry pile never ends.

Walking somewhere alone, is impossible. There's feet behind you, next to your or in front of you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  15. And would never trade any minute of it.

Not to much really bad can happen to me here at work, at least not out of the ordinary. I do get to deal with drunks alot so I guess one of the perils is finding myself in a conversation with someone who has had one to many and not being able to get out of the conversation.

16. LOL
    well.... i guess i'm HAPPY to hear that :smile:

17. i know that you have 3 full-time jobs in 1
    and a common and accurate story i hear all day long in my office, as you can imagine

18. yeah....
    that isn't much fun at all

thanks for your post

19. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    We did experience our bad thing this weekend...power outage. Apparently Georgia Power had a major hiccup at one of their largest power stations that affected us. It took our 4 of our PDU (Power Distribution Unit) and caused many of our servers and networking equipment to reboot. It took us all night Saturday and most of the morning on Sunday to get everything back up and running the way it was before.

I'm still tired...

(I'm a Network Engineer by the way and work in a large Data Center that does hosting for Banks' online banking web sites)

20. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I design highways for a living. Mostly we do 3R projects, which include safety improvements, pedestrian improvements, milling and resurfacing, signalization improvements, etc., to existing roads, because there just aren't that many 'brand new' roads being built in Florida.

Yesterday I spent all day running around in traffic on U.S. 301, a 4- to 6-lane, divided rural highway with a 40' grass median, practically continuous right-turn lanes, 3 bridges, and a considerable number of left turn lanes, and 10% heavy truck traffic.

Hazards included, but were not limited to:

1) Getting hit by a car.
    2) Getting hit by a bus.
    3) Getting hit by an 18-wheeler, dump truck, or service truck.
    4) Getting hit by my driver.
    5) Falling off a bridge
    6) Falling off the shoulder into the water-filled ditches.
    7) Standing in a fire-ant hill.
    8) Being attacked by stray dogs.
    9) Getting struck by lightning.
    10) Sunburn.
    11) Dehydration.
    12) Heat stroke.

Today, however, I am drawing up traffic control plans for the same project in my office. Hazards include:

1) Coffee machine breaking.
    2) Air conditioning going out.
    3) Getting stuck in the elevator.

So far, so good.... :smile:

The chances of my encountering poop of any kind today are very, very slim.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.