The Photo Series: Challenge your creativity - Tony Kuyper

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I found this article absolutely fascinating!!!!! Yes, the images are stunning. But the idea proposed by Tony is to put together a Project of several images that tells a story bigger than any single image. His numerous examples of projects range from somewhat documentary to abstract!

ENJOY!!!!!!

The Photo Series: Challenge your creativity

Also for those that didn’t know Tony is also the creator of the TK panel that simplifies the creation and application of Luminosity Masks, in addition to numerous actions in a button format. Blending , grouping , select- deselect, size and many more. Use his panel on pretty much every image I process.

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
I have been doing this for quite some time. I get interested in something and I often try to make a photographic project around the subject. Or if on a day trip I like to make a photo story rather than one good image.

My present project is about the area dominated by the Gonzaga family in the area around Mantua. Lockdown means it is on hold, but I hope to get restarted soon. Here is a link to the unfinished Ebook. The main project divides into several projects inside the main shell.

I find it works just like the professional brief I had when I did theatrical photography. My project pictures always seem to have more purpose than when I just shoot what I just happen upon. It also forces me to organise and research beforehand what I am going to shoot.

I did another couple on my home town to try to force me into "seeing" more carefully. One was a small river that runs through our town, and the other was a series of deliberately offbeat pictures of my rather uninteresting town.

My projects usually finish with a Blurb book, and then I move on to something else.

If you like photo projects look up the Lenswork site by Brooks Jensen.
The vast majority of his publications, and the lenswork magazine, are all projects.
They published several books called Seeing in Sixes- each is 50 projects each consisting of exactly 6 images.
Some of the best work I have ever seen. Mostly black and white, but some color. Projects about everything.
gary

Also for those that didn’t know Tony is also the creator of the TK panel that simplifies the creation and application of Luminosity Masks, in addition to numerous actions in a button format. Blending , grouping , select- deselect, size and many more. Use his panel on pretty much every image I process.
Indeed. I have been using Tony's TK Panel for years. One of the best things to happen to photo processing in PS.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom