The Plantation and The Old Gentleman_________IR

Howdy All,

Another from the Southern Louisiana Trip

108124454.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Oh my! I LOVE this one! Nice job!

I have yet to visit the South....where is this nice plantation?

Oh my! I LOVE this one! Nice job!

I have yet to visit the South....where is this nice plantation?

Morning Karen,

Thanks very much,

You certainly do, Louisiana, and especially Southern Louisiana is just such a rich, and friendly place to see. Great and Friendly People, Wonderful Food, Interesting History, and so many Photo opportunities around every corner due to the different lifestyles and cultures.

This was taken at Rip Van Winkle Gardens, we really loved it there, despite it being really cold and damp, and the wind was blowing about 20mph of the little lake, but it was neat and beautiful we made our way through and then rewarded ourselves with hot steaming bowl of homemade Gumbo from the Cafe Jefferson overlooking the lake there on the property. I married a Cajun Girl, so when they say this tastes like their Grandmothers, that's indeed a high compliment:biggrin::biggrin:

I have to say, for our all too short visit, I came away with a lot of my most favorite images from the trip, a place I can't wait to return to again, and would love to stay there overnight for the morning and evening golden light.

Sorry to ramble, here's the link

http://www.ripvanwinklegardens.com/

Kindest Regards,

Craig

Beautiful shot Craig ! I am also curious about the location. Houma ? New Orleans ?

Matt.

Howdy Matt,

It was the Rip Van Winkle Gardens New Iberia, La. 70560

We'd been by there several times but never went there, always went to the Tobasco place<G>. So glad we went, it was really very nice, and have since thought about making a nice trip to just go there and stay for the Weekend, and with the good food there and in the area, hard combination.

Highly recommend it, can't even imagine how beautiful it must be in the Spring when everything is blooming.

Hope all is well with you and yours!!!

Take care,

Craig

Oh Craig thats' GORGEOUS! Just looking at it, I get so homesick! Hope you have tons more!

Morning Diane,

Thanks very much, it was just a wonderful trip, and we always love going back to Southern Louisiana, it's like going home, well at least for one of Us:biggrin:

Craig,

I should have known the place. My sister was married there a few years ago. In fact several people have their wedding cermonies at that location.

Matt.

Latest threads

Top Bottom