1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Pool at Night

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mr. Graceful, Sep 24, 2008.

1. This little pond is at 103rd Street in Central Park, New York City. I'm not too happy with the composition or the quality of the flash on the rocks in the bottom left, but I got creeped out by some of the people after dark. I tried to get to the waterfall, but a very unsavory fellow started following me. There's no light down there and no way out. I'll have to settle for this until I gather up more courage to go back.

2883718095_83947bf403_o.
    NIKON D80    ---    20mm    f/8.0    162s    ISO 100

D80, 20mm f/2.8, 161 sec @ f/8, ISO 100, SB-800 fired manually off camera several times.

Thanks for looking . . .

2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

It's a nice shot, but I'm sure if you had the luxury to compose the way you wanted, it would have come out better for you.

If you choose to venture back out to that location after dark, please be careful...

3. i like the colors! just get some cafe members to tag along with you :biggirn:

4. h2oman

h2oman

Aug 17, 2006
    Quebec City
    Still, for a shot that you do not really like, I would be very happy to be able to do just as good as this one. The color are very well saturated. I like the star effect of the street lamp.

Take care for the next time. For me, no shot would be worth risking injuries or my life...

Good work.

5. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Cool image, lots of imagination. Nicely done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.