The Poser

One would have though if watching this just about adult male eagle to be trying out for a part on Wild Kingdom.
I watched him for a long time as he would strike a pose every once in awhile. This is the nice part of watching through a scope with a remote release on the camera shutter and the bird stays put in one place.
(6 photos)
Lou

493655498_985f7e6654_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

493655500_7d4354e0f7_o.jpg

493655506_63d6a9533a_o.jpg

493655512_631cec5966_o.jpg

493655516_ecc07bdc1e_o.jpg

493655520_d48d64d9db_o.jpg

Thanks for looking. These were taken out of my closet and I remember taking them with my 800 and my D2H from a pretty fair distance from a Kirk window mount in my old truck and I was in Pa. on the Lackawaxen River.
Some memories are great to keep and still remembering them is, well a good feeling.
Lou

Posing? It looks suspiciously like he's yawning and then having a nap.

Great shots. Patience pays off.

(*note to self* pick up a large bag of Patience at CostCo.)

Posing? It looks suspiciously like he's yawning and then having a nap.

Great shots. Patience pays off.

(*note to self* pick up a large bag of Patience at CostCo.)

Well Bolts you are not far from it but you are very right about waiting in wildlife photography and learning. I get carried away some times watching a nest full of eagles with my telescope and cheering the smallest one on for their share of food. Sometimes I watch one eagle for hours just to see what it will do next and never take a photo.
Lou
www.loubuscher.com

That is a beautiful bird. The posing is great.

Thanks Gale and yes he sure is a beauty and I guess with a long life to go. I'm guessing he is about 41/2 years old and that's why I am watching for so long. I want to see what he will do. He did what you thought any eagle would do and took off after about an hour.
Lou

Oh so True, The Yawn and Stretch, Nice Capture Lou

Thanks Gary for looking in. Funny how you can remember back on birds you watched and photographed a long time ago. Wildlife is a wonderful thing and I now have been doing it for 58 years and now it is more important in my life than ever.
Lou

WOW! WIsh I could get just 1 nice eagle shot! And you get 4! Nice job!

Well Dianne I also wish you a great eagle experience as it will last you for ever. Maybe you should make it a point to get up to the Conowingo Dam on the Susquanna River in Maryland (Perryville) for a few days in November or December and you will have eagles landing 20 feet from you with a nice big Gizzard Shad. Many of the people on this forum and the Fred Miranda forun will meet there in those months. Motel rates are down as the season is off at this time so it's a win-win sitatutation. JUST DO IT
Lou

Great captures. I've watched eagles for hours at a time and youdefiitely have the patience to get the shots. Well done.

Jose

Thank you Jose. The day you loose patience with eagles is the day you should bury your equipment. I can not even imagine not ever seeing an eagle soaring again. I wonder if they are in=======NAW , well maybe, God that would be nice:smile: :smile:
Lou

Latest threads

Top Bottom