The Postman arrived!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cajun angel, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Yippee! I didn't expect to get it so quickly! My Scott Kelby book
    THE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK 2 came today! I should have plenty of time to get it read before Saturday! Yipppeeee! Anyone else have this book?

2. Yes...My mom gave it to me to read. Very good book

3. I'll start reading it this evening after I get the kids in bed. I really liked Scott's first book on digital photography - it wasn't so technical that I had to keep a dictionary handy. He's a great writer and I like his approach!!

4. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Yes, I have it. I want to try the Sports Illustrated shot. My son is a senior this year and I wanted to try it with him and all his friends.

5. I just started reading it. I really like the way Scott writes! It's entertaining, not too technical, and very, very straightforward! I haven't gotten far enough into it to see what I"ll want to try first. Post a pic when you get one!

6. It is a great book to read a couple of times!!

7. Delta_Mike

Delta_Mike

Dec 27, 2007
    San Francisco
    I did enjoy reading it and have now passed it on to my neighbour. She's just getting started with her first D-SLR.

8. I'm enjoying it so far! LOL, I like how he talks about the pop up flash! Glad I have 2 sb800's!

9. Enjoy it Dianne! It should be well worth the money.

10. i hope that you will really love the book
    congrats on its arrival

please post back here as to your impressions

11. bcoons

bcoons

Dec 6, 2007
    Central Texas
    I have both books, and as a newbie I really like them. I'm on my second time through them now.

12. Thanks ya'll!

Dave - I have the Light and Exposure also ordered!
    Greg - I'll do my best!

13. I love his Elements book and Mac killer tips. Now what level is this digital book geared toward? Are we beyond fstops., ISO and so on?

glenn

14. Lighting!!!!!!!! It's all about how to get the best out of your sb800 and even the pop up when in an emergency. I'm loving it and learning so much! He goes into studio, weddings, and lots more - it's worth every penny in my opinion! I've finally learned how to go wireless! He uses the D200 and a "C" often as examples. Through his wit, knowledge, and straightforward language, it's exactly like he's right there with me helping me along, no long exlanations, just do it and see! Nuf said! Just order it, you won't regret it!:smile: