The Presidents Helicopter

President came to Chicago for a visit today and his entire helicopter squadron flew almost directly over the parking garage at work while I was on lunch. I heard them coming and swapped to my Classic 200mm F4 Q and a 2x teleconverter just in time. It was drizzling out and the 40 year old glass did a great job.

President has 2 of everything so you never know which he is actually on. this is the first one that went directly overhead along with several other support helicopters..
Pic_1614.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And not far afterwards was the 2nd one that again had a few support helicopters. This one was farther off and is almost a 100% crop.
Pic_1613.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In all it was kind of neat to see. Now I know why the Chicago Police Helicopters were buzzing around and all the usual air traffic around O'hare was non existent during my lunch break.

Those are great shots!

I wish I had been in Tuscaloosa when Air Force 1 landed Thursday when he came to survey the storm damage in T-Town and Cullman County.

Thanks all!

There may have been more than 2 Presidential Helis I missed the first few that passed overhead but it was was especially impressive to hear them. I work by O'hare and passenger planes and every other Heli I've seen around are almost completely silent.. this sounded like thunder and was deep and loud enough to set off dozens of car alarms in the parking garage.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom