"The problem is news photography is finished"

You're a bit late to the party :wink:

Boy do I love my job …
I thought about pming you the article. Oh well, better late than never. Are you working on completly revamping what you do or is your success more tied to your company profits?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is happening to Gamma isn't really news, at least to us. It's been in the air for some time now and other agencies are sadly in its wake.

Since this was my first year working I'll be waiting for the season to start again to see how things go (summer is the worst season for news). In any case I don't rely solely on photojournalism I also work for 1/2 BMX magazines and do some corporate work on the side. Thankfully I also have the help of my parents since I just freshly graduated from school, I'm very grateful that they support me and help me live my recent passion full time !

What is happening to Gamma isn't really news, at least to us. It's been in the air for some time now and other agencies are sadly in its wake.

Since this was my first year working I'll be waiting for the season to start again to see how things go (summer is the worst season for news). In any case I don't rely solely on photojournalism I also work for 1/2 BMX magazines and do some corporate work on the side. Thankfully I also have the help of my parents since I just freshly graduated from school, I'm very grateful that they support me and help me live my recent passion full time !
Good luck out there:wink: Sounds like you have some good backups

That would be true if newspapers didn't request citizen photos even if they came out of celle phones, or if the Times didn't buy a $30 photo from an amateur …

the times they are a changin'

Local TV here use a freeze frame of their video, or rely on people to upload images.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom