1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

"The problem is news photography is finished"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The chemist, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    You're a bit late to the party :wink:

Boy do I love my job …

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    I thought about pming you the article. Oh well, better late than never. Are you working on completly revamping what you do or is your success more tied to your company profits?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    What is happening to Gamma isn't really news, at least to us. It's been in the air for some time now and other agencies are sadly in its wake.

Since this was my first year working I'll be waiting for the season to start again to see how things go (summer is the worst season for news). In any case I don't rely solely on photojournalism I also work for 1/2 BMX magazines and do some corporate work on the side. Thankfully I also have the help of my parents since I just freshly graduated from school, I'm very grateful that they support me and help me live my recent passion full time !

4. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Good luck out there:wink: Sounds like you have some good backups

5. Be thankful that Nikon raised equipment prices out of the budget of amateurs! They're doing that to help pro photographers! :biggrin:

6. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    That would be true if newspapers didn't request citizen photos even if they came out of celle phones, or if the Times didn't buy a $30 photo from an amateur …

7. pure jazz

pure jazz

Feb 5, 2009
    USA
    the times they are a changin'

Local TV here use a freeze frame of their video, or rely on people to upload images.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.