The Queen

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You got it. 18mm. I wanted her to look really small in the chair. The uncropped version is a little wider, but I found she was almost lost in the frame so I went with the 8x10 crop. This is my friend's little girl just after her first birthday party ended. Which do you think is better?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Dave. this is great photograph............ I really like this......... a lot!

For me I prefer the second image with all of the chair showing...........

It works, in respect to what you wanted with the wide angle side of things!

Fantastic lighting and processing.

One of the most intriguing images I've seen here in a little while! :cool:

G

Dave,
Welcome to The Café. This is an incredible portrait. I love the perspective. I agree with my friend Graeme......I prefer the uncropped version.

Well done!

I like this shot. Intriguing is a good word for it. The setup feels macabre, like one of those movies where the evil dolls come to life and do nasty things (well, it feels that way to me). But a closer look shows that it's an innocent little girl.

It seems more a shot for an art gallery than a family album.

DAB

B

BigPixel

Ditto Graeme on the full framing. Thjis is an exceptional composition. I'd hang it in my home without knowing you or your family. The image is that strong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys! I guess perhaps I'll print the uncropped version for the parents. And I've been a member here for about six months. I just kinda stopped coming for a while. But I'm back.

If I were printing it for the family I would print the cropped version, otherwise the girl is lost in the chair. If I wanted an art version for myself or to hang in a gallery I would print the original version. In either case the image is well done.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom