The Queen

Discussion in 'People' started by Getson, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Getson

Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
  2. You must have used a short focal length on this shot as the chair takes on a wierd proportion front to back. It is a cute picture of a lovely queen.

3. Getson

Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
    You got it. 18mm. I wanted her to look really small in the chair. The uncropped version is a little wider, but I found she was almost lost in the frame so I went with the 8x10 crop. This is my friend's little girl just after her first birthday party ended. Which do you think is better?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  4. Dave. this is great photograph............ I really like this......... a lot!

For me I prefer the second image with all of the chair showing...........

It works, in respect to what you wanted with the wide angle side of things!

Fantastic lighting and processing.

One of the most intriguing images I've seen here in a little while! :cool:

G

5. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Dave,
    Welcome to The Café. This is an incredible portrait. I love the perspective. I agree with my friend Graeme......I prefer the uncropped version.

Well done!

6. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I like this shot. Intriguing is a good word for it. The setup feels macabre, like one of those movies where the evil dolls come to life and do nasty things (well, it feels that way to me). But a closer look shows that it's an innocent little girl.

It seems more a shot for an art gallery than a family album.

DAB

7. micsavoie

micsavoie

Mar 14, 2006
    Canada
    I think I have to agree with the other... I like the original better.
    And welcome to the Cafe, Dave.

8. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Ditto Graeme on the full framing. Thjis is an exceptional composition. I'd hang it in my home without knowing you or your family. The image is that strong.

9. Getson

Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
    Thanks guys! I guess perhaps I'll print the uncropped version for the parents. And I've been a member here for about six months. I just kinda stopped coming for a while. But I'm back.

10. If I were printing it for the family I would print the cropped version, otherwise the girl is lost in the chair. If I wanted an art version for myself or to hang in a gallery I would print the original version. In either case the image is well done.

11. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    briliant

Briliant photo Dave!
    I love it.