The Raveonettes

The Raveonettes (mostly Sharin Foo) at a recent Houston Show. Shot with 180/2.8 and 50/1.4D at as low an ISO as possible (usually 1600)
5619825741_d7e208e0f5_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/url]
The Raveonettes by dmccardle, on Flickr[/IMG]

5620413554_5d236800c5_b.jpg

The Raveonettes by dmccardle, on Flickr
5619823861_e76d77dec5_b.jpg

5619823049_cb1bf65bd0_b.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. Concert photography is something I am trying to perfect.

A month or so ago some old friends of mine who are in a rather successful band (8-10 albums, Leno and Lettermen appearances, movie soundtracks and such) asked me to come to their show and take some pictures. They said that they might even use some of the shots for promotion or record inserts or whatever. I didn't charge them, of course, because I looked at it as a favor for old friends as well as a learning experience. The shots did not turn out as well as I would have liked.

As a result I am taking my camera every time I go to see a show - practice, practice, practice.

I promised my buddies that I would be better next time they came to town.

C'mon man, you can name drop. I'm curious who they are.

Ha...it's no big deal...It's not like it's Metallica or something. My friend's are in The Old 97's. They've managed to make a nice, steady, understated career for themselves over the last 15 years.

Ha...it's no big deal...It's not like it's Metallica or something. My friend's are in The Old 97's. They've managed to make a nice, steady, understated career for themselves over the last 15 years.

Rhett lives near me. I was at an event a few weeks ago and the guy singing the national anthem had a great voice. I looked at him and thought, 'dang... that's rhett miller!'

Rhett lives near me. I was at an event a few weeks ago and the guy singing the national anthem had a great voice. I looked at him and thought, 'dang... that's rhett miller!'

I swear...I think he's the hardest working man in show business. He's ALWAYS doing something!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom