The remaining pictures of Rich Gibson's visit

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Boobie Joe, May 29, 2005.

1. Taken the day when Rich came to montreal with his lovely wife.

So here they are ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, there was a fire while we were in old Montréal ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PROOF that Rich was inded in Montréal ...

[​IMG]

A bit of street photography we did ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like these

SORRY for the long POST ....

2. Beautiful shots from a master.

Just wonder why Rich was running like he had just robbed the bank. :lol:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Yves.

I especially love the artist. I love to observe people with talent to paint or draw.

I have also observed that Canada is very clean. First thing I noticed the time I went to Canada.

Unlike the careless slobs in America, tossing things about like the street and nature was a trash can.

Flowers are beautiful and the Cathedral is fantastic.

So did Rich go broke over there...hahahah

Thank you for sharing a great series with us.

4. You know What Phil, Rich took a lot of time to in fact go to a bank and get some money. Wife, Frits and I thought he was lost but your hypothesis has some value ... :twisted:

:wink:

5. lol, I don't think he went broke Gale.

I love street photography and looking at artists as well. I was almost breathing in the guy's neck with my 17-35 though ... :?

:evil:

6. Beautiful serie of pictures Yves.
    We had a fun time.

7. AndyWoodward

AndyWoodward Guest

Superb Yves.

I really like the "indoor" shots and in particular the photograph of St Jean using the D2H. The exposure is spot on!

Excellent collection!

Andy

8. I think both bodies performed very well in dark lighting. All were done handheld.

Thx for looking.

9. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Super shots Yves. I am stunned to read that these are handheld.

You have this unique capability of extracting the best quality from any gear presented to you.

If I may nitpick, some photos are tilted a wee bit counter clockwise, particularly #3.

10. Please, be my guess at nitpicking ... I agree. Images are out of the box some with crop but many without ...

11. Your picture are superb, i see that you often put the temp. in Kelvin in your information, do that mean that you use a colormeter?

12. Thanks Yves - an eye candy treat, as usual.

13. Hi Gilles, I did dial the K deg by pure guess according to the light caracteristics.

14. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Wow! some amazing architechture.All are well composed and exposed " as usal :wink:" Great stuff. thanx for sharing these.

15. Thx for the kind comments.

And some say the Hi ISO on Nikon is not good, ...well, It was excellent here

16. wow Yves stunning as always, but especially those church interiors--just awesome! Makes me sure want to take a trip to Montreal...its so close and I've yet to get there! Almost made it for the owls last winter, but...maybe this year ;-)

17. scanman

scanman Guest

IT simply good!

18. Let me know if you ever come in montreal ...