The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by jgrove, Jun 9, 2005.

1. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    At some point i will try and post a Sports Photographers User Guide. Some other photographers seem to think its a glamorous under takking!

I like this shot becuase of the reflection in the visor, its just a shame i couldnt comapse the image so that there was a greater sense of spped as well as freedom in the road ahead.

[​IMG]

My 1st tip for Sports Photography:

1. Dont ever take your eye out of the viewfinder!

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great image Jim...what lens were you using? Using a TC as well? And as far as your comment about not taking your eye out of the viewfinder...isn't that the truth. I have missed some great action because I thought the play was over. If I only had a dollar for each shot that never made it onto my CF card because I took my eye off the action, I'd be buying more gear because I'd have more available bucks.

3. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Hi,

A 300mm AFS F2.8 no TC this time, but i do use the TC14E II a great deal, the TC20E II is too much i am thinking about puttin git on ebay, becuase the light is reduced so much the camera stuggles to af track, for stationary or partial moving subjects it may well be o but for motor sports work not a chance. Really i need a 400mm F2.8 but thats way out of my budget! I have missed lots of shots becuase i wasnt looking through the viewfinder! Inc when the come of the bikes!

4. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Cool image Jim.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the additional information Jim. I enjoy learning how people get some of their images. You certainly did well capturing that image.

6. Samir

Samir

Apr 8, 2005
    Holy sweetness! That is one of the coolest photographs I've ever seen...:shock: