The Roof Continues

I figure we're spending so much money on this new roof, I might as well have some fun with it! These guys were so great, of course they got copies!

RoofReplace11421-32-2bw-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RoofReplace11421-59-2bw-XL.jpg

RoofReplace11421-42-2bw-XL.jpg

RoofReplace11521-1bw-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking!

These are indeed enjoyable, Dossy!

Looks like impeccable craftsmanship as well.
I also like the finish on the wall. Is it a house built with bricks or wood?
We always get the impression that wood is the usual building material for houses in the USA but no idea how it is in the real world.
Over here, definitely 95% or more is bricks. An abundance of clay would be the reason, I assume.

We always get the impression that wood is the usual building material for houses in the USA but no idea how it is in the real world.

The exterior of buildings built recently in America, whether residential or not, is rarely wood. Perhaps you're used to seeing vinyl siding that is made to look like wood siding. Wood is too difficult to maintain and too expensive. Farm buildings are regularly made of rough wood, but other buildings constructed after about 1950 have other finishes such as plaster, vinyl, brick, concrete and others.

These are indeed enjoyable, Dossy!

Looks like impeccable craftsmanship as well.
I also like the finish on the wall. Is it a house built with bricks or wood?
Over here, definitely 95% or more is bricks. An abundance of clay would be the reason, I assume.
The exterior of buildings built recently in America, whether residential or not, is rarely wood. Perhaps you're used to seeing vinyl siding that is made to look like wood siding. Wood is too difficult to maintain and too expensive. Farm buildings are regularly made of rough wood, but other buildings constructed after about 1950 have other finishes such as plaster, vinyl, brick, concrete and others.

Thanks Bart and Mike! Growing up in the Boston area, my first house was solid brick. Our current Florida house is cement block finished with stucco. We're still nowhere near finished with the roof. We still need the clay barrel tiles to be installed. I have to say, as well as the work is coming along, these guys were also laughing and joking the whole day. They were amazing :)

Real Name
Dan
These are some excellent images. I'd think these guys will really appreciate having photos of them at work. Ironically something that we rarely get.

I was referring to the inner materials of the construction, Mike.
two by four's ?

Cement blocks for the inner walls is also taking over here. Or has already done so. I didn't follow the evolution and our house is about 30 years old.
All the walls are brick based on clay, the ceilings as well.

I was referring to the inner materials of the construction, Mike.
two by four's ?

The exterior of residences seems to be made mostly these days of two by fours with plywood attached to them and then the exterior made of whatever attached to the plywood. Interior partitions are made of two by fours with drywall attached to them. My house, which was built in 1955, is old enough that both the ceiling and walls are made of plaster rather than dry wall. The addition constructed in 1993 is made of drywall for the ceiling and walls.

Over time, any roof loses its original appearance. And at the same time, the deteriorating performance characteristics of this structural element of the building. One way or another, roof repair is an unpleasant but unavoidable procedure. I needed a roof repair, removal of the aluminum canopy, replacement, wood staining, re-sealing of the chimney, new gutters, and installing the fascia on the porch roof. I contacted the top Indianapolis roof company for you. From the initial estimate to the completion of the work, they were professional, timely, and at a very reasonable price.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom