The Rookery's Cast of Characters

Hi you'll,

the real stars are the Great Egrets and their chicks
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

the snowy egrets provide comic relief

the cattle egrets were the real surprise

the tri-color herons played a good supporting role

the wood storks had a major role too

G

Gordon Large

Harry -

Nice recap, and nicer photos. You left out the clear winner of the best comedian award - the fuzzy-headed little GBHs.

Gordon

Excellent pics Harry. As you said when we were shooting, what a target-rich environment. 8)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gordon Large said:
Harry -

Nice recap, and nicer photos. You left out the clear winner of the best comedian award - the fuzzy-headed little GBHs.

Gordon
Thanks Gordon. I got a few pics of them coming up but they were tri-colored chicks not GBHs.

Thanks Sandi. it is ablast to be able to observe and shoot those guys at the rookery. I never hought I would be able to get that close to them.

Flew said:
Excellent pics Harry. As you said when we were shooting, what a target-rich environment. 8)
Thanks Frank, You can't ask for a better place to shoot.

Nice shots, Harry! Great colors, too! I've been checking out Gatorland in Orlando which also has a rookery. Was planning on going tomorrow but may not with this stupid rain. They apparently have a 3-story platform in the rookery to shoot from. Sounds interesting and is a wee bit closer than St Augustine. I'll let you know once I can get there.

Kevin Scott said:
Nice shots, Harry! Great colors, too! I've been checking out Gatorland in Orlando which also has a rookery. Was planning on going tomorrow but may not with this stupid rain. They apparently have a 3-story platform in the rookery to shoot from. Sounds interesting and is a wee bit closer than St Augustine. I'll let you know once I can get there.
Hey kevon.

Thanks for the kind comments. Definitely let me know how the Orlando site is because thats a lot closer to me also.

Harry

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom