The Shake....osprey

I stood and watched this osprey in anticipation of catching the dive for well over 30 minutes, well I must have blinked at the exact wrong moment because I missed the dive but did manage to catch the shake. When the osprey comes back up out of the water they do a pretty violent shake to get the water off of them, I at least got that action.

DSC07262 72wf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC07264 72wf.jpg

Louie

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Wow! #3 and 4 are superb! Love to watch 'em shake! Back in 2017, I got 2 photographs of the shake at Blue Cypress Lake in Florida. My shutter speed was 1/2000th.....OK but would have been better if I'd used a faster shutter speed. Your images are soooo much better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love these, Louie. Amazing how far the head twists around when shaking. Still photography shows details we never get to see with the naked eye. Well done.
Thanks very much it’s quite interesting to watch this behavior and I felt pretty good about catching some of the action.
Just love these, we have all waited and waited for that moment that didn't come, you got it, so cool!
Thanks Andreas and I did indeed wait a long time for the right moment but still missed it.

Wow! #3 and 4 are superb! Love to watch 'em shake! Back in 2017, I got 2 photographs of the shake at Blue Cypress Lake in Florida. My shutter speed was 1/2000th.....OK but would have been better if I'd used a faster shutter speed. Your images are soooo much better!
Always appreciate your comments Karen, thank you.
Wonderful, Louis!!
Thanks very much Terri.
The right moment!! Funny, on an osprey, the expression is always intense and angry looking. You captured it so well with the ''shake, rattle, and roll". The last image could have come from the "exorcist"
Many thanks Bob, I think you might be right on that last image.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom