The Sigma 120-300 2.8 is on the way Question

It will be here next week but I have a Kenko 1.4 will it work ok on this lens? or is it better to get the Sigma and if so which one? I may even try a 2X but that will be a little later.

Thanks
Mike

I had the older version of this converter and if yours is the DG version, I also had the older version of the 120-300. I could get it to focus, which was more than I could say about trying to use the Nikon TC. It was a very sloppy focus though and I didn't find it usuable for why I had the lens. The newer versions may work differently though. I never got the Sigma TC, but it is suppose to work VERY well.

Either way you will enjoy this lens. It is very sharp.

So, you'll probably get this by mid-week...

Hmmm....if my calculations are correct, we should expect to see this 120-300 in the For Sale forums here, FM and Nikonians by no later than, say, Sunday... :biggrin:

Just kidding!

Seriously though, I've often considered buying this lens for the zoom versatility for sports. I've used a friend's a few times and liked it very much. If you do decide to sell it, and if it's a good copy, drop me a line.

Hi Mike,

I was going to buy a kenko 1.4 DG teleconverter this month anyway, so if you don't mind sending to the Uk again, please keep me in mind if you decide to sell it.

regards

So, you'll probably get this by mid-week...

Hmmm....if my calculations are correct, we should expect to see this 120-300 in the For Sale forums here, FM and Nikonians by no later than, say, Sunday... :biggrin:

Just kidding!

Seriously though, I've often considered buying this lens for the zoom versatility for sports. I've used a friend's a few times and liked it very much. If you do decide to sell it, and if it's a good copy, drop me a line.
LOL you know how many people have asked me to put them on my list? I may have a gold mine here LOL

Oh and I don't think your kidding LOL

Hi Mike,

I was going to buy a kenko 1.4 DG teleconverter this month anyway, so if you don't mind sending to the Uk again, please keep me in mind if you decide to sell it.

regards

I sure will I have the Sigma 1.4 coming now and I may want a 2X so I will keep you in mind and I can send to the UK

Mike,
I purchased the lesn a 2x and the 1.4. I find no difference in the focus speed and no degradation in picture quality using the 1.4. With the 2x the focus is about 30 to 50% slower and the picture quality is a bit soft, acceptable, but soft. Definately need a tripod with the 2x attached.
If you wish to see some shots chekc out the Tewksbury Lacrosse games at www.threepairs.photoreflect.com

Barry

Mike,
I purchased the lesn a 2x and the 1.4. I find no difference in the focus speed and no degradation in picture quality using the 1.4. With the 2x the focus is about 30 to 50% slower and the picture quality is a bit soft, acceptable, but soft. Definately need a tripod with the 2x attached.
If you wish to see some shots chekc out the Tewksbury Lacrosse games at www.threepairs.photoreflect.com

Barry
Thanks for sharing looks great

I think this lens is next on my list. I just bought a D2x and I think this lens, combined with the D2x HSC mode, would be killer for sports! I shoot dog agility and a 240-600 2.8 would be hard to beat. Please post sample pics when you get the lens.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom