The Sigma 30mm 1.4 Appreciation thread

I love this lens, had it for about 2 weeks. All these pics were taken with a nikon d300s.

smoke by MrEllis, on Flickr

View attachment 864180
stairway to ______ by MrEllis, on Flickr

View attachment 864187
inception by MrEllis, on Flickr

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

post your pics and CC are always appreciated.

Beautiful shots. I really wanted to love this lens, but sadly I found that I'm not a wide prime shooter. This one is sitting up on Craigslist right now waiting for a new home after the 24-70 came in :(

The exterior ROM photo never fails to amaze :)

Beautiful shots. I really wanted to love this lens, but sadly I found that I'm not a wide prime shooter. This one is sitting up on Craigslist right now waiting for a new home after the 24-70 came in :(

The exterior ROM photo never fails to amaze :)
Thanks a lot man, I'm the exact opposite. I prefer primes and dont like zooms. I have the tamron 17-50 but I rarely use it. Zooms give me too much freedom that I dont know what to do with, Primes make me think about a shot more and get more creative.

Ever since i put the 30mm on I haven't taken it off. I know you'll love the 24-70 though, so sharp.

For sure. I find myself to be more of a portrait or street portrait shooter, so maybe even something like the 85 or 135 Nikkors would hit the spot, but 30 is just too much real estate for me. I almost feel like giving it another shot now that I think about it though ;)

Latest posts