The sign says it all

So i gave in to the lens lust and got the 70-200vr... Oh nice lens. My first outing was at 6:30 am this morning at the Wedge in Newport Beach ca. High surf warning has been in effect all week. Not as many keepers as I would have wanted, Too slow on the shutter speed on a few, all operator error. We shall see how well i can get this baby to fire. Soccor tomorrow at 10:30, the light should be better and not as overcast. I will have the full set on my site later today, back to work :( http://sierraphotography.org/413.htm

So the sign says it all
4413301.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

going big!
4413374e.jpg

what happens when you go big
4413408.jpg

4413147.jpg

4413195E.jpg

4413057S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent shots, Robert... that first one is stunning.. the colours! The horizon is off a touch but the composition is excellent. Reminds me of body surfing in Hawaii years ago - OUCH!

Thanks, I did notice the horizon off after i posted it :( well something to fix. The bad part about the place this was shot is its super shallow. The waves break in just a couple feet of water, so mistakes mean lots of broken bones.

Thanks, and on shore break they snap like twigs. I went out yesterday, there must have been 4-5 boards, on the beach snapped. To give you an idea of wave height, this shot uncropped shot with the 300mm so you only see him. Wave is way over his head.

4413331.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom