The Silk Tomb

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by SteveK, Apr 1, 2007.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    The Silk Tomb in Petra, Jordan, an ancient Nabatian City.

[​IMG]

2. If this is another culled file, I'd love to see what got kept!

When I was a teenager, I worked with the 2nd stunt unit for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in northern New Mexico for a couple of weeks. I remember a couple of guys grousing that they were going to have to go to Jordan to work on the set construction for another part of the movie; I had no idea what Jordan was like. When I saw the movie and learned what Petra was, I thought those guys must be idiots for not wanting to travel there on Lucasfilm's dime!

3. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Sean, the images I've been posting aren't the culled images, but ones I felt were good enough to scan. Petra is a wonderful place! We spent 3 weeks in Jordan, everyone we met was friendly and helpful.

4. Looks fantastic. I'm off to Egypt later this year and hope to pay Petra a visit. :smile:

5. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Amazing colors in the rock - looks like another place to add to my list.

6. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Wow, cool, eyes and fish and woodgrain and all kinds of stuff in there. (No, I'm not smoking anything.)

Keep posting your fabulous stuff, Steve! Thanks.

7. These are cool, I also see the eyes and fish and other [censored] objects as well in the patterns.

8. Another beautiful work, Steve.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow
    What else to say

10. this is really cool, please post some more.