The Sky

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JustinD, May 21, 2005.

1. Not sure if I'm happy with this shot. I was set up at a location to take some sunset shots, but, as you can see the weather didn't exactly cooperate. I don't feel as if I left with any compelling images. This is one of three that I've decided to save.

CopyofYiHeYuanSky3.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    This is a nice image.

Don't think the net and size do it justice though.

You could spruce it up in PS with PWL "paint with light"

3. I'll give that a go, Gale. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "the net and size don't do it justice." Care to clarify for me?

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    A beautiful landscape such as this would look best printed and viewed at 16x20 and framed on my wall :>)))))))))

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Justin,

Just in case your not familiar with Paint With Light" PWL :>)) here is the original thread from DPR retouching forum..

Cspringer (Chip) is an ace at PS and PWL.. Fantastic stuff..

You will be hooked forver.. Nothing will ever pass by PWL agaon. :>))

Have fun !!!!!!

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=11294626

Also if you search the retouching forum for paint with light you will find tons of examples. Some of the photos aren't there anymore, but enough to get a really good ideas.