1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Slide

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Dwayne Oakes, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Dwayne,

Simply a stunning shot out of camera for no post work, you did a nice job on the water blur, and I really am taken by all of the angles and directions the water is coming from in this image. top, left, right, etc.

Framing looks nice to my eye too, with the strong visual point on the sweet lower left third area. I really like how all of the water moves to the strong focal point from several directions. This image really makes my eye wander around, yet it keeps bringing me back to the strong focal point of the image.

Now, I really think this image can improve and pop even more with some really slight post work. I tweaked the contrast and brightness up until just before I loose the whites in the water, not blown, but right up to the edge, and with the contrast increase, I created a few more dark shadows, I am a fan of dark dark areas on BW images and that coupled with the natural brightness of the water is stunning.

I also did a slight extra sharpening on the image to bring out the rocks a touch more, particularly the ones in the left corner, Note the water reflections on the rocks and how they are brought out to give a 3D look to the image. The upper left corner really pops too! here is a before and after shot:

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

2. Great shot and pp, you two.

3. cr2596

cr2596

Aug 20, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Great original. The PP one is even better. Well done, both of you.

4. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2008
  5. Great capture with so many points of interest. I really like Wade's tweak of the original. Good job to you both!

6. Not bad in B&W...Great capture:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.