The standard ones...

Discussion in 'People' started by ShaunK, May 24, 2007.

1. From the same engagement shoot...

512819739_a1853f520c_o.

512785388_5c1cab8852_o.

View attachment 97319

Thanks for looking and offering suggestions/opinions!

2. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Very nice Shaun. The second one is definitely my favorite.

Regards,

3. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    I second that. Looks like film, very nice.

4. Thanks, you two. The 1st two were taken with D70s and 70-200VR, the last with 17-55. I do love that 70-200!!!

5. photoshooter

photoshooter Guest

Shaun, the photos are nice, but cutting there heads in half? I would consider that a nono. Just my thoughts.

6. Thanks for looking, photoshooter... I wasn't concerend with the full heads in these shots at I was intentionally trying to make them very tight.

7. Getson

Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
    Photography doesn't have any 'no-no's' in my opinion. This is just a different composition. I like it.

8. Another vote for #2. Nice to see that not all of your shots had the people blurry. :biggrin::tongue::eek::cool::wink::smile::Crunk:

9. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    The first shot is about emotion, I do like it. For me it's all about the eyes, the rest of the head isnt as important :) The second shot just is more traditional but with a modern flair and it is my favorite.

To quote the hated and loved Ken Rockwell( I like him) "art is whatever you say it is. Be yourself."

10. Thanks, I agree, to a certain point, but I think for specific types of pictures, there are no-no's to be avoided, if possible.

HeHe. Yeah, as I said, I tried those just for me. Out of about 100+ shots, I did maybe 5-7 in that style, the rest were "standard". :smile:

Yes, those closeups were about emotion. They were the last shots of the day, and i was just starting to "feel" or get to know the couple a little bit. That's why I tried to make them a little closer and more personal.

11. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Nice work Shaun. 2 is my favorite.