The Stare Down

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Desert Rat, Nov 22, 2005.

1. This is a shot I call the Stare Down. Shot in the spring this year with a D70 and 80-200mm lens along with converter.

One of my favorite ducks the Wood Duck :biggrin:

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Good one Eric.
    That's a hard one to get right, I got some that I had to cull cause the white on the beak was blown, really tricky exp, and you did well.

In case you haven't read my reply in another post ..... I'll be at the Dam on Thursday if you'd like to join in, also I had mentioned as to your focus/sharpness problem that you should post an example so the Cafe can have a look and maybe help with that. If you do make sure you post EXIF too.

3. Thanks Machine Gun..:biggrin:

I think i can make it Thursday afternoon or morning? I was thinking of heading over to Playa Del Rey Thursday morning? and the in the afternoon maybe wood Ducks?

I will pst a shot but should I post a converted image or a RAW file for download by anyone?
    It just seems like I am having trouble keeping focus locked on the BIF shots.. it seems to lock focus then lose it all of the sudden with my older model 300mm f/4 Not the AFS version

=======================================
    ==============================

4. Awesome work with the D70!!! You sure you don't want to trade? hahaha

For posting a shot to dial in your 2X, process as usual, save for web, detail your processing work flow as best you can and post the EXIF data - either by using the PrintEXIF script or cut/paste...

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey DR

I just saw this.

Great shot. Love these beautiful ducks.

6. Hey Ben, Brett and Gale. Thanks

Really like the colors on those wood ducks... This also was a handheld shot. I was lying right on the ground just about level with the duckie...

7. Hmmm...maybe Friday I will try to find the woodies and attempt to capture one as well as you have done here Eric :cool: [​IMG]

8. Great colors and detail Eric!

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Save For Web will destroy all your shooting data, Save As won't. Just a commonly known fyi! Very cool shot, btw! He looks pissed!

10. Humm not sure about a trade since I already have a D70 as backup to my D2x.

Now as for a possible lens trade.. :^)

So where are you going for woodies? I was thinking of looking myself for some one day this week...

=================================