The start of a bang-bang play

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by steveking, Jul 21, 2007.

1. In last nights game where the Tigers were spanked by the Royals I got a couple of good shots. The series I like is where 3B Brandon Inge made a great barehanded throw to first. I also got the start of Gary Sheffield's home run swing, and a couple others.

Placido Polanco tries to turn two.
    [​IMG]

Sheffield swings for the fences
    [​IMG]

Earlier play by Inge, LOVE that expression!
    [​IMG]

The series of the Brandon Inge play at third. The keeper is probably the second one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come tonight, in a WIN this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All RED X"s

3. It's got to be an issue with SmugMug since I used the share it links, try force a reload of the web page, hold the shift key down while you click the reload button and see if that makes a difference. I can see them in my browser.

4. You would see them in your browser as it's "cached" the pages, red x's here also.

5. Well it's got to be SmugMug since I followed the instructions of this
    tutorial - http://tutiki.nikoncafe.com/w/index.php/How_To_Post_Photos

1. Then start a post, either as a new thread or within an existing thread.
    2. Write the introductory text for the photo
    3. Copy the full URL of the photo as described above Or:
    * a-Display the photo in your browser (in another window)
    * b-Right-click on the image, and select "properties"
    * c-Select the URL (the text will scroll if necessary) and copy it (control-C)
    4. Click the insertimage.gif insert-image button and paste (control-v) the full URL into the box and click OK.
    5. Add any further text to the post
    6. Use "Preview Post" to check your photo displays correctly (make any necessary changes)
    7. Click "Submit New Thread" or "Submit Reply" when all is well

When I did all of this it worked last time, and I just did the same thing again. Can anyone explain why this happens with SmugMug links? There are a dozen pictures that won't display on the site and ALL of these shots are in that group. When I force reload the picture it comes up, maybe SmugMug is doing mid day maintenance? This is just too weird that it happens with the ones that I've linked in.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2007
  6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I wish I could help Steve, but I have been trying to edit your post and I just can't figure it out for you.

7. I see them....

8. Sent PM to Frank about possible "tech support issues" between the 'Cafe and SmugMug. My previous post that had images viewable are now not showing up either. Things that make you go hmmmm.

9. Hi Steve,

A couple of good shots? Are you kidding me? All of these are just awesome. I took a stroll through your gallery. WOW! I love the shots of Magglio. He's always been a favorite of mine. The White Sox should have never let him go. :mad: Great Stuff!

10. Hey Tyrone!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yes we LOVE Maggs here in Detroit. He's the best export from Chicago to Detroit since Chris Chelios, and before him... me!
    :)

Now that the linking issues are solved all the pictures are now showing up, MANY thanks to Patrick!!!!!!!