The Stolen Scream

http://fstoppers.com/fstoppers-original-the-stolen-scream/

Watch the video. It's about 10min long, but worth seeing, IMHO.

I'm a bit surprised at how happy he seems that his photo has been stolen and profited from by the thieves. I can understand the desire for recognition and getting the photo out there as an artist. But seeing others take credit and profit from it is sickening.

Just another reminder to watermark your photos and protect your copyright.

Bump.

I'm really surprised no one has commented on this here. I guess I didn't make things clear in the first post. It's a story about how a photographer posted a few images on Flickr and how they were taken and commercialized, in some cases, without his approval or acknowledgment.

Well, he's happy when they were the basis of the street art. He says point blank he doesnt like when people profit on them.

Well, he's happy when they were the basis of the street art. He says point blank he doesnt like when people profit on them.
He also said he would only sue companies that stole his photos. I think you either defend your copyright fully or don't bother as that could be an issue if, for example a company made less money than an artist and you let the artist off.

I've also heard that he has been contacted by one of the artists who apologized and offered compensation. Definitely better than suing.

He seems pretty passive about the whole thing. Maybe that's his way of dealing with things. Not mine. Ask and I'll probably give. Take and I want it back. Such a shame this is happening more and more lately.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom