The streamer

Discussion in 'People' started by leifw, Sep 28, 2008.

1. What a cutie !! Bright as !!

2. Hey, Leif,

I love the way you captured the sharpness of her eyes and allowed the rest of the image to blur slightly. The streamer adds some drama to the image, but I can still see the intensity in her face. Very nice!

3. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    Thanks, Doug. I'm really glad you liked the way her eyes turned out. They were pretty soft in the original. I was worried that I'd overworked them in PP.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
  4. Love the color. The pink dress works well with her pinkish cheeks, and contrast well with the green grass. The streamer also adds some interesting color.

On the other hand, her deep blue eyes stand out against all these bright colors. I am not sure what to make of them.

I like the composition, too. You've broke the rule of thirds here with wonderful results!

5. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    In case anybody else takes a look, in which shot below do you prefer the skin tones? I tried following the advice from here, but I didn't really like the result. I'm curious if that's indicative of my monitor not being as well calibrated as I thought or just my general bad taste.
    dsc_6660-1.jpg
    dsc_6660-2.jpg

6. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    Thanks for all the kind words, Al. It was just a grab shot while I was out playing with a borrowed 105 macro from a friend (Little Big Man).

7. I prefer the first. I really like the composition and the playful, colorful streamer. Nice shot.

8. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    Thanks, Mitch.