The Tale of Two Teds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taco, Sep 18, 2008.

1. When I was young I always looked forward to the Saturday paper and the Weekend magazine. Ted Grant an established PJ seemed to have his pictures in almost every issue. I was too young to appreciate his work but got a real kick out of seeing his (our) name in print. Fast forward a few years (okay a lot) and I found his website on the net. He is Canadas premier living photojournalist. We have been corresponding for a couple of weeks and he's been extremelly generous with his time and advice. He sent me a DVD of his bio and work that the Bravo channel produced. It's titled "Ted Grant- The Art of Observation". From the jacket cover- "The story of the father of Canadian journalism. He has been creating iconic images for over half a century, quietly clicking with the eye of an artist, the concentration of a surgeon, and the reflexes of a cat. His remarkable career has ranged from shooting sports, wars and heads of state, to everyday life in every corner of the world. Teacher, mentor, raconteur, connoisseur of single malt and sushi, Ted is the quintessential modest and thoughtfull Canadian:always with a camera in his hand. I'm honored that such an established pro like Ted is so committed and open with his help. He states photography has given me so much and I want to give somethng back. In his correspondence he always closes with Ted Grant (the other):biggrin:He's the real deal..........

Cheers

Ted:smile: http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant/

2. Ted:
    Maybe somebody to try and emulate? Or maybe you could just call up a few galleries and say, Hi, I'm Ted Grant and I'd like to display some of my work in your gallery."

Michael

3. Ted, the other Ted Grant photo you posted is great. It reminds me of Norman Rockwell's paintings. I am going to Google is work. Thanks for posting.

Les

4. Michael

I'm hoping to get recognized for some of my candids but I'll never catch up to his level of expertice. Still it's very inspirational and I enjoy conversing with him. He's down to earth and has a wicked sense of humor.........

Les

If you click on the image of the doctor you enter his site.............

Cheers

Ted:smile: (amatuer hack not the famous one)

5. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Take out a line of credit in his name! Get some new glass

6. Ten thousand comedians out of work and Will enters the mix.:biggrin:Sounds good! Nobody would impersonate me with my credit rating..........:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile: