The TAMMY CLUB

Hi, I'm still relatively new to the forum. I have searched, but am yet to find a thread dedicated to Tamron lenses--any and all Tamron lenses is what I am thinking. If this club already exists, someone please provide the link & I'll delete this thread.

So, unless I missed something, I hope to launch the Tammy Club here, inviting shots, discussion & exchange of ideas on the many nice Tamron lenses which mount on our Nikon bodies.

Here is a shot with the Tamron SP 24-135 f3.5-5-6. It is a nice sharp zoom, throughout the range, acting as wide angle on Fx. Here it is at its widest=24mm.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

there are many, many threads focusing on individual Tamron lenses already in the Lens Lust forum.

there are many, many threads focusing on individual Tamron lenses already in the Lens Lust forum.
Yes, thanks for your help--I am still new and trying to learn here. I was actually trying to start a thread open to ALL Tamron lenses--Adpatall--scewmount--even modern lenses. Hoping to engage knowledgeable people in discussion on various aspects of Tamron lenses.

I have no problem deleting the thread if it is deemed redundant or against forum rules.

For example, today I just received a Adaptall SP 2 17mm 3,5 which I hope to shoot with in the next few weeks. I do not see anything here on this lens. There is much to share in the Adaptall realm too.

Last edited by a moderator:
As seen in my sig, I have several Tammies. They are optically excellent, but feels cheaply made, not in materials, but more on how they feel while being used, like the unsmooth zoom, clunkiness, and sometimes the dead battery & error syndrome that requires the removal and reinstallation of the lens, more specifically, my copy of the 18-270. I can live with that as my 18-270 is a sharp copy on my D90 body.

I have been very impressed how well the 28-75 and 24-135 perform on my D700.

I bought the 24-135 hoping it would hold me over until I could save up for the Nikon 24-120 f/4. I have to tell you that I now have no intentions on selling it or getting the Nikon 24-120 f/4. The lens does all I need it to do when I don't feel like carrying multiple lenses. The best part is that I bought for $115 from another Cafe member and it was/is in like new condition.

I had used the 17-50 on my D300 and it was so good, I bought the 28-75 the same time I bought my D700. A fraction of the cost of the Nikon 24-70, but almost as good and it has not disappointed at all. Yes, the Nikon has nano coating and AF-S for faster focusing, but image quality is on discernible when the image is viewed at 100%, which I just don;t do. The largest I print is 11" x 14" and the prints look amazing.

I love my two Tamron lenses. I've already posted many pics in their appropraite threads....feel it would be a bit redundant to repost here.

I only have the 17-50mm f/2.8 BIM non-VC and I love it. I've posted to this thread. Pages 18 and 19.
Outstanding optics. I'm amazed every time I use it.
I owned the 17-50 Tammy in Pentax mount--took over 15,000 shots with it in just over 3 years. I sold it to help fund my D700 purchase. I agree %100 with your assessment of it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my two Tamron lenses. I've already posted many pics in their appropraite threads....feel it would be a bit redundant to repost here.
Actually, the reason I am trying to get this thread going is to have 1 thread where the plethora of Tamron lenses can be displayed and discussed--there are so may of them, many of which are very nice. I would not see any of your posts here as redundant.

I had the Tammy 90 (272E) and the thing was brutally sharp. I sold it to fund something else and now I'm thinking about buying it again.

Tammy 17-35/2.8-4 on D7000

17mm f/8

17mm f4

I am a fan of the Tamrons.

I had a Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 but ended up selling it since I had no need for it. Also purchased a used Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 with non-BIM. Worked great and quick.

As seen in my sig, I have several Tammies. They are optically excellent, but feels cheaply made, not in materials, but more on how they feel while being used, like the unsmooth zoom, clunkiness, and sometimes the dead battery & error syndrome that requires the removal and reinstallation of the lens, more specifically, my copy of the 18-270. I can live with that as my 18-270 is a sharp copy on my D90 body.
I am not familiar with the "dead battery & error syndrome" which you mention. Perhaps it is because I am new to Nikon? Can you tell me more about this and how the lens causes it to happen? Also, I have not shot with the 18-270, so I would feel treated if you posted some shots with it here from the ecellent D90.

I have been very impressed how well the 28-75 and 24-135 perform on my D700.

I bought the 24-135 hoping it would hold me over until I could save up for the Nikon 24-120 f/4. I have to tell you that I now have no intentions on selling it or getting the Nikon 24-120 f/4. The lens does all I need it to do when I don't feel like carrying multiple lenses. The best part is that I bought for $115 from another Cafe member and it was/is in like new condition.

I had used the 17-50 on my D300 and it was so good, I bought the 28-75 the same time I bought my D700. A fraction of the cost of the Nikon 24-70, but almost as good and it has not disappointed at all. Yes, the Nikon has nano coating and AF-S for faster focusing, but image quality is on discernible when the image is viewed at 100%, which I just don;t do. The largest I print is 11" x 14" and the prints look amazing.
Hi Jeff:

Thanks for your post. I agree with the SP 24-135 on the D700--2 thumbs up. :) I bought mine in excelent condition too, but did not get as good a deal as you did. :mad: However, I still feel it is worth every penny. I still have a copy of it for my Pentax body, where it also performs splendidly.

I owned a copy of the 28-75 f 2.8 in Pentax mount too, but sold that as well to enable my purchase of the D700. On crop sensor, I liked using it to do family portraits. I'm not sure about here in Nikonia, but it has an excellent reputation over in Pentaxia. Someday I hope to buy a copy of it for the D700. Is it possible for you to post a shot of the 28-75 on the D700?

I am not familiar with the "dead battery & error syndrome" which you mention. Perhaps it is because I am new to Nikon? Can you tell me more about this and how the lens causes it to happen? Also, I have not shot with the 18-270, so I would feel treated if you posted some shots with it here from the ecellent D90.
I'm not sure how it happens but it happens. It's a known issue and widely discussed.

Here's some shots with the 18-270/D90 combo.

DSC_0194 by orgazmo, on Flickr

DSC_0119 by orgazmo, on Flickr

HK Disneyland Entrance Fountain by orgazmo, on Flickr

DSC_0446 by orgazmo, on Flickr

DSC_0555_01 by orgazmo, on Flickr

DSC_0588 by orgazmo, on Flickr

Hollywood Hotel by orgazmo, on Flickr

DSC_0915 by orgazmo, on Flickr

DSC_0342 by orgazmo, on Flickr

DSC_0281 by orgazmo, on Flickr

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom