The TAMMY CLUB

For me, 20-40mm is the most useful 2x range possible--- like having 4 primes (20,24,28,35) plus near normal covered in 1 lens--plus this Tamron (20-40 2.8-40mm) has a little speed. Af is not to write home about--who cares. Here are some with it from NY's Day.

standalone
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

standalone

standalone

standalone

standalone

For me, 20-40mm is the most useful 2x range possible--- like having 4 primes (20,24,28,35) plus near normal covered in 1 lens--plus this Tamron (20-40 2.8-40mm) has a little speed. Af is not to write home about--who cares. Here are some with it from NY's Day.

standalone

standalone

standalone

standalone

standalone

Seems like the 20-40 enjoyed the cold. I love how you've composed the third picture - it looks almost other-worldly to me, which I really like. I think that this range of focal lenses works very well for you.

Seems like the 20-40 enjoyed the cold. I love how you've composed the third picture - it looks almost other-worldly to me, which I really like. I think that this range of focal lenses works very well for you.
The Tammy was fine in the cold, as has been all lenses I have ever used in my life--the body on the D700 was a flop though. This irks me because all my point and shoots always worked fine in this kind of weather. Yes, 20-40mm is my most used range---I love it. I even tried the Sigma equivalent, but got rid of it because the Tamron in much better. I think the only new lens I would ever consider buying again would have to be in the 20-40 range. You know, living in the suburbs, all of the pics felt other worldly to me :) Thanks for the support--always appreciate it. jt

Real Name
Tim
Yes I got the one from here. It is in mint condition, as he said. It will go on my D700. I just unwrapped it and I'm smiling like a 10 yr. old

Thanks, Tim

Yes I got the one from here. It is in mint condition, as he said. It will go on my D700. I just unwrapped it and I'm smiling like a 10 yr. old

Thanks, Tim
No feeling like unwrapping a used lens and realising that it actually is mint - enjoy your new lens, and please post example pictures!

Real Name
Tim
What program did you edit these in, These are very stunning, almost paintings. The snow takes on an not of this world appearance. Beautiful.
standalone

standalone

standalone

standalone

standalone

Real Name
Tim
It was bitter cold in FL today (30's) so I gave the Tammy 20-40 a quick test inside. This was at 34mm f 3.3 ,2500 iso [, substantial crop, on the D700. It held up pretty good for the first time out/QUOTE]
DSC_9395-XL.jpg

Real Name
Tim
Tammy 20-40 wide open, sun was behind palm tree. I did nothing to these but light light crop.
DSC_9392-XL.jpg
DSC_9394-XL.jpg

Real Name
Tim
This pub has always been an extra hard place to get the light correct, but the Tammy held up pretty good. D700 34mm, 3.3 I think and 2500 ISO. Substantial crop on this one. At least it was warm in there. Everyone can laugh now, 30's are cold to this FL boy

Real Name
Tim
DSC_9395-XL.jpg

Real Name
Tim
Knowing what I know about these places the colors on the Tamron are honest. Believe me this was a brief test session, but I had to get out and give a it a go.

Tammy 20-40 wide open, sun was behind palm tree. I did nothing to these but light light crop.
DSC_9392-XL.jpg
DSC_9394-XL.jpg
@ what focal length & aperture was the 1st one shot here? Bottom corners look weak--too weak--at least to my eyes on this monitor @ the library. jt

Real Name
Tim
This one is wide open 20mm @ 2.7, shutter speed says 1600. Kind of hard to believe as bright as it was yesterday. Corners are soft here also.
DSC_9391-XL.jpg

31mm @ 3.2. 250 shutter speed
You cannot expect to shoot a house, @ 3.3 & 31mm and encapsulate all of it within the focal plane, unless you are only shooting one, flat side of the house, not something like this with a wall and walkway which is perched out in front of the house. You need to brush up on how aperture, distance to subject, and focal length affect the depth of the focal plane--then you can run these kinds of tests. jt

1 w the 20-40 on the D700, no cropping--jt:
standalone

Latest threads

Top Bottom