The Tourist Centre

The Tourist Centre in Talgarth, in the Black Mountains, Wales.

750_4503-HDR-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Mike. The Tower is thought to be 14th century, but they probably had less tourists in those days. Context is important.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
When I first looked at this, the Celtic lettering seemed to my 75-year-old eyes to read something like "COUKISC CENDKE", and I thought, "Oh, that must mean 'tourist center' in Welsh", even though neither of the words began with double ll or included a w as a vowel.

Thanks Walter,

Mike, I analysed the output shots from my 16-35mm f4 and found that most often I was using it at 24mm which also, coincidentally, is the optimum fl for that lens. That convinced me that I should get the 24mm f1.8 G use it as a "standard" lens. I like to see context in an image such as this. I use my feet for zooming but I admit that it is not always possible. My 16-35 gets little use now but I am not disposed to selling it just yet. I am tempted to get the 24-70 f4 as my first S lens but just cannot pull the trigger!!

Real Name
Mike
Gorgeously executed street photograph. Texture, tones and perspective are beautiful.

Love the image. Thanks for sharing a glimpse into history. Whenever I come across a building as old as this, I want to touch the stones and try to imagine who else has touched those same stones over the centuries and what their lives were like. Any idea what the building was originally?

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom