The Train is a Commin'

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by papa85, Sep 15, 2005.

1. papa85

papa85 Guest

Did a lot of work in PS. Don't know if I really like it. Can I have your comments Please ( Good Or Bad ) Taken on a sunny day 1:00 pm with a washed out sky, Just was a flat image, But I think I see some good here. By the way there was no train.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2005
  2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Tony,

Its pretty small here but I like it. The only thing I don't like about it is the lights. I think it might look better without the PS lighting effect.

I just love railroads and this is a good capture. The lights make it too busy to me.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Not sure I like the lights either. The 2 of them are competing for my attention, I don't know where to look. One would be ok, not sure which one, though the signal is the natural place for a light. Something odd looking about the light on the signal anyway, doesn't look right.

4. papa85

papa85 Guest

Thanks Guys, just what to get a few more opinions, But in real life the two lights would be on. I just don't know????? I would like Gordon to give me his thoughts. Here is the orginal photo.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2005
  5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Granted there would be two lights, but the one on the signal would be red, which puts it at the bottom, and you'd see the color glaring at you. Maybe I'm too much of a realist........

6. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Tony,

I like the texture of the rail and the electric post. For the light I think that the light for the train ( imaginary :smile: ) is better and more real than the light post

7. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Good effort to revive a ho-hum original. I would have liked it better if the foreground had been in focus though. I actually like the lights. Perhaps just tone down the effect slightly. Adds to the converging lines IMO.